Do You Qualify for a S.H.I.E.L.D?
21st August 2018
During the last two years, several large data protection scandals have surfaced showing that businesses both large and small have, to date, had scant regard for their customer's personal data.
Since the start of the GDPR and the new Data Protection regulations in May 2018, we have advised many small businesses in the UK regarding their data protection compliance.
There is currently no national consumer protection organisation established to show consumers which businesses are complying with the data protection rules of this country and which are not. Hence we created Transition Law S.H.I.E.L.D a voluntary scheme to:
1) Promote good Data Protection practice.
2) Provide a place for people to check the compliant status of a business they intend to use.
3) Provide a place to recognise businesses who have taken the protection of personal data seriously.
4) Create an easily recognisable emblem so the public can know which organisations have joined the Program.
Each authorised Transition Law S.H.I.E.L.D holder has their own dedicated page which they can link to their website to demonstrate their membership.
There is also a search facility on the S.H.I.E.L.D homepage where anyone can search for a business to check their current status.
Transition Law S.H.I.E.L.D Membership criteria
Membership is free of charge.
1) A Member must be registered with the UK Information
2) A Member must have written data protection policies in place to
cover the processing of personal data within their business.
Transition Law operates in the Small & Medium Sized Enterprises sector and is focused largely on this type of business.
However, we intend to promote S.H.I.E.L.D to any and all businesses who can demonstrate compliance.
Find the Portal at www.transitionlawshield.com